We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide book

Weeki Wachee Florida
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Guide book

Which guidebook is your favorite for Costa Rica?

Thank you

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide book

We generally prefer Fodors, but it's never a bad idea to get more than one--no single guidebook will tell you about all the good hotels, etc.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide book

A other good guide is frommers. NATUREGUIDE

Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide book

Lonely Planet is my favorite. Has lots of info the others miss.

4. Re: Guide book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2008, 11:20
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide book

Both Lonely Planet and the Moon guide have been my favorites for 4 trips to Costa Rica.

I've found that Fodors and Frommers don't have a lot of hotel listings and tend to only list higher priced accomodations

MD
Level Contributor
361 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide book

I've gotten lots of good info from Frommer's.

Level Contributor
806 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide book

I used Fodor's and Moon. That said, I found the 2008 edition of Fodor's was significantly better than the 2007 edition.

8. Re: Guide book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 09:29