We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica with kids

New York City
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica with kids

We are thinking of travelling to Costa Rica with our 5 and 9 year old children. We are mainly looking for a relaxing beach holiday but would like to be in an area that there is a few things to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica with kids

There are resorts in the Guanacaste/Nicoya(northern pacific) like http://www.resortflamingobeach.com/

There are also nature activities in the area.

You could also try the southern Pacific zone staring with Manuel Antonio. South of MA there are many great beaches and cool little hotels like http://www.villasgaia.com/

You'll find bigger resort style accommodations in the Guanacaste/Nicoya area. Southern Pacific is more local, less touristy. Some very nice hotels there too.

Have fun!

mytraveloptimizer

Samfielder6
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica with kids

Hi there!

Costa Rica is a perfect family destination with variety in sights and activities for all ages that is has!

My personal favourite destination in Costa Rica is Manuel Antonio. I would suggest this as an ideal spot for your family as it is the point at which the rainforest meets the beach! Not only are there beautiful white sanded beaches, but the rainforest offers National Park tours, white water rafting, kayaking, zip lines and a lot more! I will actually be in Manuel Antonio this weekend.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message. I am on trip advisor all the time and so I will be able to answer you straight away!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica with kids

Manuel Antonio is a great place for your familly, the beaches and the nature tours are very easy to do and get around. When are you planning to visit us? NATUREGUIDE

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica with kids

www.costaverde.com

www.manuelantoniopark.com

Best for me...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica with kids

We have two kids 4 and 7...we drive with them almost anywhere in our country...not a problem...well nothing new...!

They love Manuel Antonio...but also Arenal Volcano area...specially the Hot Springs...they can spend long time at the pools...or just seating down at the hotel waiting for the ARENAL VOLCANO SHOW!!

I have no idea about your budget but a great place in Tamarindo beach...CALA LUNA...good pool and good beach...we spend some time there with our kids...at low tide are some nice natural pools...with some fish...they just love it! And for me is great I fill IN CONTROL!!

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

6. Re: Costa Rica with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 06:21