We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

Andover,MA
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

Hi,

Looking for advice on where to stay the night April 24, before our departure flight out of San Jose. Would like just a clean safe place that we could fit a family of 4 in that is not too far from city but will avoid high city prices. Any Suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

I like Orchideas Inn. They have an excellent restaurant and bar to chill and wonderful pool for a last night. It's about 20 min from SJO.

Hotel Villa Bonita is also a nice B & B about 5 min away. Super nice family owns it, great breakfast, no pool or restaurant but within walking distance of several.

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
329 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

We just got back from CR and we stayed at the Best Western Irazu. It was about a 10 min drive to the hotel and they have a free shuttle which makes it much easier. The hotel is about average, but they have a nice pool, great location, and there is a free breakfast at the Dennys right next door. I also saw a Hamton Inn as we were leaving the hotel. It is literally 1 minute from the hotel. I have not stayed there, but I did look at it online before visiting and it has good reviews.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

www.adventure-inn.com

when I was there in July was great

$60 or so free xport to SJO airport

about 2 k away...

had a look at Orchideas farther away

rooms mould A/C did not work no free airport xport.

Elected to stay at AI drove me for free to my flight...

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

I really like Hotel Buena Vista. They take you to the airport for your departure. It has a beautiful

view and is a small hotel and the climate is very nice. The staff speaks English and also has a restaurant.

If you need more information, please feel free to email me at bob12@clearwire.net

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

Not true about Orchideas. It's a lovely place and I, as well as many friends over the years have stayed there. It's a wonderful and colorful place. True no free shuttle. Out of all the above mentioned Buena Vista or Orchideas IMO. Adventure Inn, great staff, but lacks character. Denny's, no. ;-)

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

I'd pick Orquideas Inn. It has a lot of character, great staff and rooms, pool, super restaurant & bar, even a little trail to roam about on. The ride to the airport is about 15 minutes and costs $10.

7. Re: Need Hotel Near San Jose Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 10:25