We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driver

Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
driver

Can anyone recommend a reliable driver to bring a family of 5 from the Airport to Arenal at 10pm?

The hotel will do it for $156... should we stay with them?

Also - any car rental recommendations in La Fortuna / Arenal?

Thanks for your thoughts ahead of time!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driver

I just received 2 quotes for $150-160 range for the same trip-family of 4. During daylight though to AOL. I'd say you were given a reasonable rate by the hotel.

I've contacted Alamo to pick up a car in La Fortuna, but would like to check around so I'll watch your post for other options.

My thinking was that we would enjoy the scenery and get acclimated to CR on the first leg of the trip with a private driver. Then we might be more comfortable with our own car.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driver

These is a list of drivers the are highly recomended in these forums, they all speak english.

Luis Chinchilla aka roadadvisor. Luis@tucanlimoservices.com.

Juan Carlos and Rubier at tjtransfers@gmail.com

Oscar Chavarria at cuco2228@hotmail.com

Willy at w_opciones@yahoo.com

Wilson at wilson_elsy@yahoo.com.

Carlos Bagarin at encantados@ice.co.cr

Danny Jimenez at crdannytravels@yahoo.com

You can quoted by some of them and choose the one you think is best. Look for the type of vehicule offer for the trip. NATUREGUIDE

3. Re: driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 16:16