We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Green Season" or too much RAIN?

New York City, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
"Green Season" or too much RAIN?

Hi- My girlfriend and I are visiting CR for 11 days beginning on Sept 13th. for a relaxing and hopefully romantic get-a-way. Now after checking with Accuweather it seems it rains a hell of alot this time of year. Here's my question; does this mean RAIN or a little rain each day with some cloudy conditions? This may sound naive and wimpy but, I'm freaking out cause frankly the endless wet clothes-thing can literally dampen my spirits (besides causing a rash).

-Ron-

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Green Season" or too much RAIN?

Typical green season weather is that it will be sunny in the mornings and then rain for an hour or more in the afternoons and evenings.

Dont let the rain scare you away! I was in CR in June and we got the tail end of a tropical storm. It was overcast for 7 days before we finally saw the sun! We had an incredible time though!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Green Season" or too much RAIN?

You don't mention where in CR you'll be ... a few different locations or just one so I'll try to generalize. First, don't look at the Accuweather! Basically, the day begins sunny, clouds up by early to mid-afternoon, a shower thereafter maybe for 20 minutes or for several hours. A good time to relax, take a nap or chill out before dinner. It's rare to have several days of an all day rain event. Plan your activities early in the day when the rain is less likely to occur. The green season is incredibly lush esp. in September, hotel rates are good and very few tourists. Even when it does rain, it's refreshing! Hope this helps! Lisa in Manuel Antonio