We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ziplines

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Ziplines

Where are the best? Trying to decide if I am going to extend my stay near Arenal and shorten the stay near M.A.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,269 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ziplines

We did Titi Canopy near Manuel Antonio, and had an absolute blast. I'm sure there are equally good ones in Arenal as well.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ziplines

I've tried out roughly 15 different zip lines in CR - the best, in my opinion, is SkyTrek Monteverde. SkyTrek Arenal is also quite good but falls a bit short of the excitement of the Monteverde location.

Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ziplines

I did SkyTrek in Monteverde.. it was rainy, windy...yet awesome!

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ziplines

Framptonian,

1. Are you a Peter Frampton fan?!!

2. 15!!!??? ziplines!

Did this in Mexico last year so trying to figure out if we need to do it again...15 times, huh?

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ziplines

Actually, no - don't really know much about Peter.

Yes, 15. I am a sucker for ziplines....

Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ziplines

framptonian,

In your opinion, what is it about Skytrek Monteverde that makes it better than Selvatura? What are the pros and cons of each? Which one is more "exciting?"

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ziplines

Lots of people like Selvatura and if you are not headed to Monteverde, it's certainly more than an adequate alternative.

For me, ST Monteverde is simply exciting because the platforms are really high up, making the cables truly high up as well. Some of these cables are simply incredibly long and super fast - faster than I remember any others. I also like that some of the cables have been cut into the canopy, meaning that the canopy is literally all around you as you zip through it. That, to me, is one of the highlights that I have not seen anywhere else.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ziplines

Do you need reservations [only 2 of us] to Skytek Monteverde zipline or can you just show up? Could we stop there on the way to MA. from Arenal?

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ziplines

You could stop by on your way to Arenal - but you would need to take a different route, one that is slower and bumpier.

I've done SkyTrek Monteverde twice and never had a reservation. I've shown up with two people and with five - it's never made a difference.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ziplines

Haven't figured out my route from Arenal to M.A. yet. Because it is so long a trip, figured I would plan some things to do along the way. Plus, it sounds like the zipline you are talking about is way better than the one in Mexico. It sounds like the lines are higher, longer, and faster. Gotta do it!