We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picturers of Costa Rica

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
524 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Picturers of Costa Rica

Hi all, Finally got around to posting pictures of last years trip.

www.flickr.com/photos/altarose

PS, If you are interested in great snorkeling, check out the Utila, Roatan (Honduras) snorkeling pictures

Pura Vida

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Great photos! Thanks.

I can't believe that snake in your shower! OMG. How did you get it out?! The ol' broom method?

You also managed to find THE most unusual flora -- amazing.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Nice shots! Thanks for sharing them.

The iguana with it's tounge out looking at the other one is hilarious. Not sure if it's getting ready for a meal or a bit of amourous playtime! Haha.

Pittsboro, North...
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Hope you won't mind, I saved some of your shots to send to my friends and family. They are always asking for pictures of Costa Rica, and mine are not so good. Yours capture great sampling of the beauty.

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

I REALLY enjoyed your photos!

I have planned my first trip to CR thsi June, so I am excited to see what you posted!

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
947 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

pictures are beautiful. thanks for sharing

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
524 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Hola, Thankyou for the comments.

I picked the snake up with a stick and put him in a plastic garbage can, then we turned him loose in a little ditch on the front of the property. We then went into PV for supper, came back in a couple of hours, my wife opened the gate, and when I drove in there was the snake again, hanging on the gate looking in the open window, a foot from my face. He was put in the jungle on the other side of the road this time :) (unharmed)

The Iguanas were two large males squaring off to fight, besides biting and clawing they use their tails like a whip.

Pura Vida

Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Hi altarose,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. Would you tell us about the Quepos photos? -the 'local cowboy' and 'cooking pork rind' photos.

I'm visiting Quepos/Manuel Antonio for the first time in July and am always looking for experiences 'off-the-beaten-path'.

Thanks,

Mary

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
524 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Hi Mary,Thankyou for the comments.

The cowboy/horse picture was taken on March 15th. It was a full day event, horse show, the cowboy,s would bring their high stepping (prancing) horses up one at a time and prance on a stage. They also had live Marimba music, local food and the farmers market, ending with a parade.

The local farmers market is usually on Sat. behind the bus depot.

The cooking pork rinds picture was at a small local meat shop in Quepos.

One thing we didn't do (never knew about it) Agricultural tour of a spice farm about 10 miles east of Quepos.

Enjoy your trip

Pura Vida

A nice place
Level Contributor
836 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Great photos, what kind of camera do you use!?

Do you have more information on the Paradise Peak Hotel, url?

Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Picturers of Costa Rica

Hi alta rose,

Thanks for the info- we'll look around for the small local meat shop in Quepos. Yes, I know about the farmer's market on Saturday and do plan to visit. Unfortunately, the tour of the spice farm is beyond our budget at $50/person.

Can you advise me as to how we can find info about local Quepos events like the horse event?

Thanks again,

Mary