We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach/Surfing/Rainforest - Recommendations?

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Beach/Surfing/Rainforest - Recommendations?

I'm going to Costa Rica at the end of June for 6 days. Where would you recommend we stay? We are looking for a beautiful beach, rainforest areas, and a beach nearby that is good for surfing. Since our trip is short we dont want to spend too much time commuting.

Thank you!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach/Surfing/Rainforest - Recommendations?

www.playamontezuma.net

www.ylangylangresort.com

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach/Surfing/Rainforest - Recommendations?

I would fly out to Tambor and then taxi to the Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area. Miles of beaches, surfing community and the Cabo Blanco reserve is about 45 minutes away.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach/Surfing/Rainforest - Recommendations?

Hi,

My best recommendation is for you guys to fly into Liberia and go directly to either:

Tamarindo

Playa Grande

Flamingo

All have great surf, Flamingo a little less than others.

Here you will be centrally located and plus you can take tours to rain forests and volcanoes:

Palo Verde tour, which is bus and boat tour

Rincon de la Vieja - waterfall hike, volcano and dip in naturally heated hot springs and mud pools

plus you can do canopy in the area and other fun activities.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

4. Re: Beach/Surfing/Rainforest - Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 07:37