We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itineary options for Costa Rica

St. Louis
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Itineary options for Costa Rica

We are going to be in Costa Rica for 8 days and are trying to determine which of the following would be the best itinerary.

Day 1 -- arrive and stay in San Jose

Day 2 -- up early and drive to Arenal,

Day 3 -- Arenal area

Day 4 -- drive to Manual Antonia

Day 4/5/6 -- Manual Antonia area

Day 7 -- stay in Jaco for final night

Day 8 -- drive to San Jose for return flight for 1:00 pm flight

or

Day 1 -- arrive and stay in San Jose

Day 2 -- up early and drive to Arenal,

Day 3 -- Arenal area

Day 4 -- drive to Northern Pacific Beach

Day 4/5/6 -- Northern Pacific Beachs

Day 7 -- drive to area closer to San Juan (not sure where)

Day 8 -- drive to San Jose for return flight

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itineary options for Costa Rica

If you arrive early enough you can drive the same day to Arenal...I like better the option number 1 with MANUEL ANTONIO...is closer...than Guanacaste, at least for your itinerary!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itineary options for Costa Rica

I agree with RoadAdvisor, as usual. Also, please allow me to throw in my two cents. First, def do the drive to Arenal the same day, so long as you get into San Jose at a reasonable hour. Its not a horrible drive and its actually kind of relaxing. There is so much to do around Arenal/La Fortuna that its really not worth just "hangin" in San Jose for a few hours. Instead just use that time to drive, youll be much happier.

Secondly, you can go to the Guancaste area within your timeframe, but you might feel a little rushed especially seeing as you have to drive all the way back to San Jose instead of the closer airport (which the name escapes me for some reason right now).

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itineary options for Costa Rica

Hi,

I would go with number one, but I would cut out Jaco and stay an extra night in Arenal. Arenal has soooooooo much to offer that you won't want to leave. And after spending time in MA you won't like Jaco at all.

Otherwise you have a great itinerary. You can leave super early from MA with a shuttle and be at the airport by 10 or 11 am, plenty of time for your flight.

Hope this helps,

Marina K Villatoro

http://travelexperta.com

4. Re: Itineary options for Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 07:22