We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! place to stay 4 a night in sanjose close 2 bus station

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
HELP! place to stay 4 a night in sanjose close 2 bus station

Hi, im going to Costa Rica soon and need to catch a bus to Sixaola from san jose and need a place to stay near to the carribean bus station preferably Within Walking distance?

I'm not even sure Where the bus station is located! Help!

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! place to stay 4 a night in sanjose close 2 bus station

Terminal Caribe is north of downtown just to the east of the Children's museum. The closest hotel would probably be the Radisson Europa. Some other nearby hotels that are also probably within walking distance would include the Clarion Amon Plaza, the Inca Real and the Brittania. Of course that all depends on how much baggage you have and how you plan to carry it. I might sling a backpack over my shoulders and walk a few blocks but I'm not so sure I'd try and wheel a conventional suitcase through the streets of SJ. If you're on a tighet backpacker's budget you could stay at any of the hostels in the Amon area and walk to the station, but you might find it worth the lousy buck to take a cab anyway. And, if you're going to hop in a cab, whether you need to drive 5 blocks or 10 is not going to make much difference either. So I'd pick a place based more on other factors (e.g. someplace well rated that you'd think you'd like) rather than focus too much on how close it is to the terminal. As long as you're on the north side of town, you'll be only a $1-2 5 minute cab ride from the terminal.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! place to stay 4 a night in sanjose close 2 bus station

www.hoteldunninn.com

nice close reasonably priced for me...

Have fun,

3. Re: HELP! place to stay 4 a night in sanjose close 2 bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 05:17