We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had 4 weeks in Costa Rica

Meadow Lake Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
If you had 4 weeks in Costa Rica

We are planning the month of feb in Costa Rica and we were wondering what others that have been there before would do for 4 weeks. We will be renting a vehichle for the entire time, and we are planning on staying in 4 different locations for 1 week each. We have not picked any places in particular, but we thought 1 week on the carribean side would be nice, and split the other 3 weeks up on the Atlantic side. We are in our late 30's and are physically fit, and my wife is really into landscape photography. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had 4 weeks in Costa Rica

Hi,

One month is a great time frame!

One week for the Caribbean side is perfect. I recommend you go to Cahuita National Park, from Puerto Viejo to Manzanillo along the shore line.

Arenal/Monteverde are perfect for landscape photos. You've got cloud forests, active volcanoes, naturally heated hot springs, hanging bridges. It's absolutely amazing!

Then I would head up to the Guanacaste region and Nicoya Peninsula. Here you can explore coast lines and remote beaches and lovely villages.

You can easily spend 2 weeks here.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

http://travelexperta.com

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Cahuita National Park
Cahuita National Park
2,325 Reviews
Cahuita, Costa Rica
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
Manzanillo
Manzanillo
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
899 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Nicoya
Nicoya
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had 4 weeks in Costa Rica

One all month with a rent a car in the caribean is to much time, you can easy spend 1 week near Cahuita or Puerto Viejo they are the nicest place in the caribean, from there your other options are Limon city which isn´t very nice or Tortuguero and you dont need a car in tortuguero. I love the carbean side but if you have chance to visit other places for 1 week in each place you will be able to see more of the country. Have you ever been in Costa Rica before? NATUREGUIDE

Mentioned in this post
Cahuita
Cahuita
Tortuguero
Tortuguero
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had 4 weeks in Costa Rica

Weather wise I would plan the Caribbean side as your last part of your trip.

January can be rainy and last February had rain during the first half as well.

4. Re: If you had 4 weeks in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 06:18