We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

Baltimore
Level Contributor
67 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

I am staying in Arenal area for 4 nights then in Osa for 4 nights. I would like to spend the last night of the Arenal part of the trip closer to San Jose so it is not such a long drive to the airport. I would like to catch a flight to Puerto Jimenez in the morning. I do not need to stay all the way in San Jose, just closer than Tabacon. I checked out flights from La Fortuna to PJ but they all get in late in the afternoon.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

I would check out Xandari or the Peace Lodge. Xandari is about 20 minutes from SJO, and the Peace Lodge is about an hour away. Both of them are really nice properties with a lot of amenities, waterfalls, and restaurant on site.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
67 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

Thanks!

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

Hi! Villa Blanca in San Ramon (www.villablanca-costarica.com) is on the way from Arenal to San JOse, but still 90 minutes away from the city. Dont know what your flight time to PJ is, so Im not sure if it will work. If not, you can consider the Martino Resort in Alajuela (www.hotelmartino.com) , just 15 minutes away from the airport. Same goes for Xandari. Peace Lodge is beautiful but the road between Arenal and Peace Lodge is not currently accesible. You might want to doublecheck me on that, but I think its still closed.

Its also important which airline are you flying with to PJ? Remember that SANSA is the one that departs from the inernational airport (that in this case seems best for you) and Natureair from Pavas local airport.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

Hi,

Are you flying with Sansa or Nature?

I would recommend spending the night around San Jose, like Adventure Inn or Casa Bella Rita. They are beautiful hotels, with breakfast and they will drive you to the airport for free!

There's not much between Arenal and San Jose worth staying at.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Baltimore
Level Contributor
67 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

Haven't made flight yet. Can go with either airline. Multiple AM flights are available. Don't need to be right by airport, just don't want to have to leave at 6 AM and be in big rush. Peace Lodge looks really cool. Don't you think the road should be reopened by next March or is that not a good assumption?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
67 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

Thanks for the info!

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

I'm sorry, didn't know it was March you were referring to!! I thought it was sooner and yes, I truly hope the road will be open again by that time. After the earthquake in January that road suffered lots of damage, and is closed for repair, but cant tell how long it will take.

Still, please consider Peace Lodge is an hour away from the airport. Villa Blanca is at about the same distance to San Jose, and is also on the way from Arenal. The place is also truly beautiful, check the website out.

I recommend these places because it seems to mee you're looking for upscale kind of places (like Tabacon) and these meet your criteria just right - there are other options close to the airport of other budgets, if interested.

And, because of the above Id recommend you go with Sansa, being at (by) the Intl airport

Good luck!!!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

Hi,

Peace lodge is my absolute favorite hotel in that area. It's been opened for a while already. So that would be a great choice and it's only 30 minutes from the airport.

Ciao

Baltimore
Level Contributor
67 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

How far from Tabacon to Peace Lodge compared to Casa Bella Rita?

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need nice hotel on way back to San Jose from Tabacon

They are actually about the same time difference, but from different directions.

However casa bella rita is closer to the airports.