We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost American student at Rincon de la Vieja National Park.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Lost American student at Rincon de la Vieja National Park.

August 12th...a young man...showed up at the Park by himself and informed the Park Rangers that he was planning to hike inside of the park... that was the last time anybody saw the young men!

I have no idea how many times I have tell people ...that please understand that Costa Rica is a tiny country...but the danger is there and is real...

When poeple ask me about hikes near Arenal...I try to explain them that is a terrible idea! Just visit the areas well mark for visitors...and the best way...go with somebody else!

Hopefully they will find the young men...today some US helicopters are flying around the park...looking for him!

I do not like to be the one bringing this kind of news...but is good time to tell people that please becarefull when you are hiking in a unknown areas!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost American student at Rincon de la Vieja National Park.

Always good advise! For a bit more information, see page 2 of the www.amcostarica.com issue today August 20, 2009.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
219 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost American student at Rincon de la Vieja National Park.

He's been lost quite a while, poor guy. Any news today? I didn't see anything in the paper today (good link by the way-thanks) I know he made some mistakes, but I sure hope they find him. After this length of time, it doesn't look good.

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost American student at Rincon de la Vieja National Park.

DONATIONS TO THE SEARCH AND RESCUE OPERATIONS

Many of you have expressed an interest in making contributions to help with the search and rescue effort in finding David. To that end, the Gimelfarb family has established the Rescue Resource Fund * in support of those agencies involved in the search and rescue operations in Costa Rica for David. This special fund is held at the Adler School of Professional Psychology where David is a student.

Checks payable to the Adler School Rescue Resource Fund may be mailed to:

The Adler School of Professional Psychology

Attn: Rescue Resource Fund

65 E. Wacker Place, Suite 2100

Chicago, Illinois 60601

Gifts may also be made online at https:/…823MakeaDonation.asp. Please include “Rescue Resource Fund” in the additional information section of the form.

100% of your gift will benefit the rescue agencies in Coast Rica and ResQ Global . Due to IRS regulations, gifts are not tax deductible.

Alternatively, you may make your contributions to ResQ global at www.resqglobal.com/about/make-a-donation/

The Gimelfarb Family expresses its gratitude for the outpouring of support and messages they have received from so many.

4. Re: Lost American student at Rincon de la Vieja National Park.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:21