We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Topic
Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

Hi,

Mother and two kids (10 & 13) are planning on going to Santa

Ana, Arenal and Norsara the last week of Nov.

First trip out of the country with my kids and would like to know if there is somewhere close to these areas where we could possibly make a difference in bringing school supplies etc. Any suggestions on what we should bring would be great. Would need to feel safe and we speak very little spanish.

I would like my children to know the joy of helping out and just simply giving back and saying thank you.

Any suggestions are appreciated...especially you Louis...since you grew up there :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,765 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

If you are referring to me...GRACIAS...yes I'm a Costarican indian...100%...take in consideration that our School year ends around November...once you have exact dates let us know...to check with the School Calendar...the problem this year is that the Schools did had more vataion time in July...that will affect the end of the year!

Regarding wich School...I like the idea of Nosara...since a lot of those kids are coming from very limited households...

You can bring...color pens...color books...crayons...some of those kids ...will love anything...

And in the name of my country kids...GRACIAS!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

Hi!

You know what I would recommend, in Santa Ana there is a Unity church gathering. Every year they have a special christmas for orphans and kids who are realy really poor.

Like Luis said, it's the end of the school year, yet little things like clothes, or even small toys will bring an unbelievable joy to these kids.

Ciao,

Marina K. Villatoro

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

have brought in supples

to third world countries

over a number of years

Pencils crayons EDUCATIONAL coloring books

for pre-schoolers are usually in short supply.

They also pack well...

Need will be greatest in Nosara...

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I did not realize that the school year would be ending. I will look into your suggestions and see if I can find a school or organization that would be interested. I will also try and contact the church in Santa Ana too. It will be close to Christmas so maybe we will be able to make someone's a little brighter.

If anyone knows a specific organization to go through please let me know.

Thank you again...the kids are excited!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

Not anywhere close to areas you are visiting. but this organization is doing great work for the local community.

http://www.elpuente-thebridge.org/

6. Re: Santa Ana, Arenal, Norsara where to take school supplies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 06:19