We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for pro help to put trip together

death valley
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for pro help to put trip together

I've been researching and planning a trip to CR for me and a couple. I have a basic itinerary but am short on time to put it all together. Plan so far:

-- Fly into SJ Dec. 5, one night in SJ

-- Hire driver to Arenal (friends don't want to drive)

-- 3 nights at volcano (Hotel La Pradera or El silencio del campo or Arenal Volcano Inn or Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort)

-- 2 nights in Monteverde/Santa Elena (Arco Iris Lodge or Rainbow Valley Lodge or Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel)

-- Hire driver to Manuel Antonio

-- 3 nights in Manuel Antonio (La Posada or Hotel Mango Moon or Byblos)

-- Back to SJ and fly home

Any recommendations on a company or travel agent that can make all the reservations, help with tours and transportation? I've over-detailed and stuck! Also appreciate any thoughts on itinerary (seems like a pretty standard one). Thanks!

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

Very easy to make the reservations yourself, contact the hotels direct and ask for their best rates-you should be able to save yourself some cash at this time of year:

www.adventure-inn.com for your San Jose hotel, they'll help with your transportation if needed.

You could use a shuttle service such as Interbus, which will take you door-to-door from there to Arenal, and onwards to Monteverde/MA.

www.Interbusonline.com

Arenal Volcano Inn would be my choice

www.arenalvolcanoinn.com

Rainbow Valley and Hidden Canopy are both great choices, if a little isolated with no car. You can see from the differing rates that they are offer very different styles of accommodations.

Rainbow Valley rainbowvalley@monteverdecostarica.info

Hidden Canopy info@hiddencanopy.com

Have a great trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

Nice itinerary...if you need some help mail: info@arenalreservations.com

They will help you planning the whole vacation and transportation as well.

Hoepfully you will find some rooms at La Posada is a cute place and great location...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

For private transfers, I recommend heartily

http://www.tucanlimoservices.com/

Clean, spacious, vehicle, professional, entertaining, English-speaking driver. They will do as much or as little of the rest of the trip planning and reservations as you wish.

death valley
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

Yeah, I know I should do it all myself but I tend to over-detail then get lost :-0. And I'm travelling for business and that eats up time. I will definately look into Adventure Inn and Interbus --- thanks!!

death valley
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

Thanks for the tip --- I will contact them!

death valley
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

Great, I'll check them out --- thanks!

Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

I used desafio for many of my tour and hotels reservations,... i was very happy with their service and responses.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

What time does your flight arrive into SJO? If early enough, maybe you could transfer that night to Arenal, to maximize the time you have there. Also, I just happened to notice Hotel Moutain Paradise (3.5 stars, per hotels.com) is offering 4th night free, making the price a steal at $68.25 Maybe let us know ideal number of stars and price per night and we'll try to help.

death valley
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

I haven't booked the air yet. A preliminary look shows that most flights from LA arrive in afternoon. I can't do red-eyes, they kill me...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
38 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for pro help to put trip together

la posada seems really nice. i recommend one of the resort like hotels with a big pool.