We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about beach portion of our trip

Level Contributor
395 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Question about beach portion of our trip

I was planning on 4 nights in Arenal and 3 in Manuel Antonio Park. I thought they were only 3 hours apart. I think I was wrong about that and they are 5 hours apart. That being said, is there another beach area that we should go to that is closer? We are flying in & out of SJ. Thanks!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about beach portion of our trip

The two places you picked are really good introduction spots to Costa Rica. IMO I would change to 3 in Arenal in 4 in MA then plan on flying back to SJ from MA. That will help. If you are getting a private driver the drive from Arenal to MA can be really fun and you won't mind the drive.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,406 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about beach portion of our trip

With all the respect...I really do not think the driving time is a important issue in your itinerary...the driving time is around 4 hours...I drive people there every week...and depending of the car and weather that will be the time...nothing comparable to Manuel Antonio closer to San Jose...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Level Contributor
395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about beach portion of our trip

I think I'll stick with my plan then! Is there anywhere we should stop or visit on the way from Arenal to MA? I think we will rent a car and am concerned about leaving our luggage if we stop places along the way!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about beach portion of our trip

Good plan. I would stick with 4 nights in Arenal 3 in MA as well. There's a famous bridge, the Tarcoles bridge, where everyone stops on their way to look at all the crocs. I believe that Las Pumas Rescue Shelter is not to far of a detour between the two, but I'm sorry I can't give you exact directions.

5. Re: Question about beach portion of our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 05:21