(I even taught Biolog but Costa Rica is rich in fauna and have never been there.)
MY 5 QUESTIONS...PLEASE HELP:
Going to Tortuguero as part of a tour on Caravan. Tour is set already for December, this year. I noticed on climate stats, that this is the heaviest rainfall month for the year.
1) I am concerned that I might not see all the animal life that I could withy the heavy rain..please comment.
2) what I'd have to wear also, such as ponchos, special shoes for mud, etc. Mosquito repellant ?
3) Also, is the rain usually only for part of the day or even better mostly at night ? ( hopefully, as I sleep )
4) Research shows so far that I'd probably see amphibians, like their famous frogs, and maybe snakes and crocs. But what about tapirs, monkeys and other mammals and especially birds ?
5) Also, do you know if river canoes go out at this season ?