We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
137 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

Hello All!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica for the holidays. We plan to do a few days in the Arenal area and a day or two in Monteverde. We would also like to do a few days at the beach. But which one? I'm so over whelmed with the vast amount of options.

We definitely want to see the pacific coast. Easy access would be nice (we don't want to take a plane, a shuttle, a taxi, a burrow, and a boat to get there...LOL). Neither of us surf, so a beach without massive waves would be nice. We also like to avoid beaches that are built up and are congested with large AI resorts. We like quiet, rustic, and beach front properties. Electricity is not a priority.

Any suggestions?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

www.playamontezuma.net

www.lunallenahotel.com

Pretty rustic nice beach

Have fun,

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

The Santa Teresa and north to Playa Manzanillo de Ario is not built up and has gorgeous beaches, no AI, has electricity, is rustic. Check out the area on this site: http://nicoyapeninsula.com there are many options.

Villas Hermosa

Villa Orishas

are a couple of suggestions.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

Hi,

Another great beach, that sounds right up your alley would be Playa Carillo about 15 minutes south of Samara. It still has the undeveloped, super laid back, relaxing feel to it!

And you don't need a burrow to get there and last I was there they did have electricity:)

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

I agree that Carrillo is nice, something in Samara may be good as well. You can get to Samara/Carrillo via a paved road - many of the other quieter beaches are a bit more out of the way, many of the beaches close to Liberia are a bit more congested.

Check out the Treehouse in Samara, or smaller rustic beachside hotels ourside of Samara but still on Samara Beach like The Fenix.

Did anyone suggest yet to fly into Liberia? Way better experience than San Jose (and closer to those beaches).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

Nice new RIU hotel...great beach...some good places around Nosara...Carrillo...Samara...or Montezuma...even Dominical!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

6. Re: Please Help!!! Which beach do we pick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 07:22