We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

Level Contributor
403 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

Our family will be in Arenal for 4 days & MA for 3. There are several types of activities that we would like to do that are offered at both locations. For example, we'd like to zipline, see wildlife / nature hike, maybe horse back riding. Is one place better than the other for any of these activities. I already know we'll do hot springs, Cano Negro tour at Arenal. Beach and MA park while at MA/ I'm just not sure how to split up the rest! Thanks Again!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

In Manuel Antonio, an afternoon guided tour of the park is a must--Juan Brenes posts here as Natureguide and he is great tour guide. If you're going in the dry season, the afternoon is the best time to go.

We did the Titi Canopy Tour zipline in Manuel Antonio and had a great time. I know children use their zipline--I don't know if they can use Skytrek in Arenal.

Arenal Hanging Bridges is probably the prettiest nature walk you can do in either area, but it's a mildly vigorous hike, so it may be better early in the morning (before 8:00 am when the tour buses arrive).

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

Hi,

Since you'll have 4 days in Arenal, I would do the canopy tour there as well.

Plus, the day of the hot springs, I would combine it with the volcano hike.

I love the horseback riding in Arenal, you can head to a waterfalls. However, MA has fantastic horseback riding options as well. It depends on your time though.

In MA besides the national park tour which is awesome, you can do the sunset sail or Catamaran tour.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

I don't know how old your kids are, but we really enjoyed the cultural tour with Desafio. You go to a women's co-op and learn about how they started and what they do, an organic farm and lodge where you learn about medicinal plants and such and have a fantastic lunch and to an animal sanctuary where you can see some animals in rehabilitation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

Arenal Mundo Aventura...nice location for zip lines and canopy by La Fortuna waterfall...also rappeling...and the nice Maleku Indian village inside of the property...at least will give you some kind of ideas of our ancestors and the Costa Rica before Realtors!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Level Contributor
403 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

MY kids are 13 & 17. Thanks for asking their ages. They are old enough to do it all!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

Queezi - They'll love it! I like Mundo Arenal zipline as well. 11 zips and you go up by tractor first to an overlook of the waterfall. Really fun!

7. Re: Advice on WHAT to do WHERE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2010, 06:26