We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting advice

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Rafting advice

I am planning doing a rafting excursion on my honeymoon in December. We are contemplating spending our first night at The Peace Lodge. Would it be more convenient to go rafting on Day 2 from the Peace Lodge or to wait until we get to Arenal and do it from there. Where are the better rafting trips from? (We are staying at The Springs in Arenal). Could we leave from The Peace Lodge to go rafting and have them take us to The Springs afterwards? Is this arranged with the rafting tour operator? Thanks for any advice!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting advice

https:/…pacuare-rafting.html has an option with transportation to Arenal included in their $99 rate, not sure if the y pick up from the Peace Lodge, so you might have to wait to you get to Arenal.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting advice

I would look into doing the rafting/transfer option from Arenal to SJO on your return. That way, you can spend as many daylight hours day 2 at Peace Lodge as possible. Then just drive (or have driver) take you to Arenal.

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting advice

From Arenal, we are headed to JW Marriot Guanacaste and then flying out of Liberia. We will have a full day at The Peace Lodge the first day though.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rafting advice

Hi,

How about a real honeymoon treat:) Instead of staying at the Peace Lodge stay at Pacuare Lodge, they specialize in luxury and rafting! It's an amazing experience.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rafting advice

That looks amazing! Thanks for the recommendation! Do you know how long it would take to get to Arenal (The Springs) from there?

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rafting advice

Hi,

You'll have to be dropped off at Roberto Rancho's Restaurant and have a private transport pick up and it's about 3 hours from there.

It's really easy to do and great fun!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rafting advice

Exloradores will pick you up/drop off at Arenal.

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rafting advice

Great, thanks for your help! Now I just have to convince my fiance to stay at a place with no electricity for a night! haha!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rafting advice

You can mention the romance aspect - candlelight!

10. Re: Rafting advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2010, 06:17