We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In serious need of help!!!!

Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In serious need of help!!!!

Hi everyone,

So, here's the deal...I'm leaving on Saturday which is why I have the urdent topic. First off, I want to stay at the Lost Iguana my first night and have not heard back from them though I have done their online form twice, does anyone know another way to contact them?? Should I take it as a sign that they don't have availability? If so, can someone recommend a place that is similar to the lost iguana in Arenal?

Secondly, I wanted to hire a driver to take us there from the airport and have been in touch with Jonathan Sedo...he wants me to pay 150 and pay through western union ahead of time. Can anyone tell me if they've done this and feel like its a good deal and that its legit? I just feel a little nervous about paying before seeing as he could just not show up and I have no way of tracking him down. Thanks a lot and would really really appreciate responses!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In serious need of help!!!!

Email or call Carlos Bogarin at encantados@racsa.co.cr or phone from the states 011.506.240.2727, cell 384.4042 I highly recommend his services for transport. We have used Carlos for 10 years, even after moving to CR we hire Carlos to assist us in navigating in San Jose etc. He speaks English, very personable, alot of fun, knowledgeable about Costa Rica and dependable. His van is large, clean and safe. Additionally, he knows the people at Lost Iguana and should be able to help you confirm your reservation. If he's on the road, he might not respond immediately to the email, so it might be best to call. Tell him Harry and Lisa in Manuel Antonio say hello! Repost if you'd like more info. Lisa in Manuel Antonio

san jose
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: In serious need of help!!!!

relax costa crazy i used Jonathan with no problem and i wouldn't worry. It is pretty much standard to pay some money up front even with the hotels when doing the reservations yourself. He probably has to secure reservations for you with the money. We have been traveling down there since the early nineties and it has always been that way.