We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful beach and pool location needed

Santa Monica, CA
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful beach and pool location needed

I'm overwhelmed with all the options in Costa Rica and it's also hard to tell by some of the websites which locations are actually at the beach.

Our family would like a nice, comfortable, tropical resort but we don't want to stay in any hotel that is large like the Marriott. My 13-year-old loves playing in the surf (but not huge waves) and my husband and I would like to do a little snorkeling. We also need a nice pool (the larger, the better) and beach.

I'll greatly appreciate your suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
#1 of 47 hotels in Manuel Antonio
Tulemar Resort
Tulemar Resort
#2 of 47 hotels in Manuel Antonio
Nayara Springs
Nayara Springs
#1 of 58 hotels in La Fortuna de San Carlos
california
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

We stayed here twice, it isn't a hotel, but it is everything you are looking for and it is right on the sand...beautiful infintity pool overlooking the sand that the waves www.casaoceanocostarica.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

Hi Debra...

Many good options as you already know...

Nice great hotel with a nice size pool... Paradisus Playa Conchal. in the Guanacaste province...it is an all inclusive.

At the Central Pacific...Manuel Antonio National park...and good place to stay...Buena Vista Villas and Casas...great almost private beach...nice pools but not big...big pools!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Playa Conchal
Playa Conchal
1,147 Reviews
Playa Conchal, Costa Rica
Manuel Antonio National Park
Manuel Antonio National...
781 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Hotel Buena Vista
Hotel Buena Vista
748 Reviews
Pilas, Costa Rica
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

check out Bahia Del Sol in Portreo too. The beach is very calm in this area, but you are surrounded by all sorts of different types of beaches.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

The larger the pool, usually the larger the hotel. How about Capitan Suizo in Tamarindo? It's right on the calmest beach in Tamarindo, perfect for playing in the waves and the hotel has a beautiful pool. Then, take a catamaran cruise for the best snorkeling.

www.hotelcapitansuizo.com/index.php?english

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

You might also want to check out Flamingo Beach Resort. I haven't stayed there, but I know someone on another forum who loves this place, particularly the HUGE pool. I've been to Flamingo Beach, and it's a decent beach (some people love it more than others). It's also a nice location to check out other nearby beautiful beaches (Playa Conchal, Playa Penca, etc).

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,280 Reviews
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
Playa Conchal
Playa Conchal
1,147 Reviews
Playa Manuel Antonio
Playa Manuel Antonio
10,681 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

I also like the Flamingo Beach Resort, as it has a nice beach for swimming and playing in the sand. Here is a page with a video of what the beach looks like.

tamarindocosta-rica.com/playas/flamingo-potr…

Not much to the town, so you might need a rental car to get around. The management and restaurant people are first-rate.

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,280 Reviews
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
952 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

The Flamingo is in a great location, and has a great swim up bar, and is very affordable and kid-friendly. The beach in front is good, and LOTS of good beaches very closeby... Penca, Pan Azucar, Playa Conchal.

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,280 Reviews
Playa Conchal
Playa Conchal
1,147 Reviews
8. Re: Beautiful beach and pool location needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 08:16