We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations Vacation Rental

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
564 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations Vacation Rental

A few couples looking for a great villa/house rental. Looking for something with 3 or more bedrooms (up to 8...we are not 100% on the size of our party yet), on the beach or very close to it, pool, a few bathrooms, etc. Something nice ;)

Not sure where we want to locate yet but prefer to be day trip driving distance to: a volcano, cloud forest, some good snorkeling/scuba...and not to remote (aka we can find food and other people close by).

We are seasoned travellers looking for something fairly central where we can access a number of the highlights of Costa Rica...but we are set on staying in one rental property location. Duration will be7-10 days.

Any recommendations of a specific property or a good location where we would find these types of properties?

I've looked around a bit and am finding it hard to find beachfront...is it asking too much for beachfront? Should we settle on 'close to beach'?

Any advice is appreciated!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations Vacation Rental

In Manuel Antonio area is a complex of a few houses ¨close to beach¨...you may look at Manuel Antonio Estates...I drove a a few of my costumers there and they really like it...nice pools good location...

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations Vacation Rental

Several villas/house rentals would fit the bill for you in the Tamarindo area. Also, the town is close to the day-trips (4-hours), has a great beach, everything is walking distance, and fantastic restaurants. Here is an orientational link to help you get started looking.

tamarindocosta-rica.com/tamarindo-costa-rica…

Here is a property manager who handles these types of properties in the Tamarindo area:

http://www.tulin.com/costarica/

rnicastro@tulin.com

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations Vacation Rental

Beachfront is rare because Costa Rica has a nice buffer zone that it (usually) protects from development. There are some locations where houses are on the beach that were grandfathered in and a few that have questionable legality.........but that protected area sure benefits nature.

There are a lot of rental houses close to the beach - if they are on a hill they have a great view of the ocean and if they are low lying they often have some lush surroundings.

Check out www.vrbo.com for rental houses.......pick an area, some suggestions:

- Manuel Antonio or Tamarindo if you want more action or nightlife & the more developed areas

- There are many smaller towns that are great if you want less developed surroundings, some of my favorites are Samara, Nosara, Mal Pais, Montezuma, but I have not been to all of them

Most of the towns have access to beautiful beaches and a lot of the same activities.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
564 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations Vacation Rental

thanks for all the input everyone! Definitely gives us a starting point in our search.

Also info re:beachfront properties was very helpful. Some ppl were very set on having a beachfront property, but now close-by the beach should work. What a wonderful policy to limit development on the beach - gives everyone access instead of the few that can afford it.

More and more looking forward to this trip...thanks again for all the advice and I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the next while.

Cheers,

- K

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations Vacation Rental

We have used VRBO to rent a house for a week in CR and a week in Nicaragua. The houses look absolutely fantastic. The CR one comes with all inclusive - they supply all food/drinks etc. with a cook/cleaning and pool boy. I will let you know what it's like when we get back. Hopefully as great as we are expecting.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations Vacation Rental

We are renting Bali house in Manuel Antonio in a few weeks. We have a beach front access which is part of the reason why we took this particular villa. I will be posting a review when we return. I have been to Costa Rica before and I am thoroughly looking forward to our return to this paradise. Feel free to send me an email and I will give you more information.

7. Re: Recommendations Vacation Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 05:18