We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U Save car rental

chicago, il
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
U Save car rental

Anybody has experiences with them?

Thanks

88 replies to this topic
california
Level Contributor
332 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: U Save car rental

U-SAVE used to be Avanti - I see there is one recent thread with a negative experience about them -- anyone had positive experiences recently?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: U Save car rental

they defrauded my credit card company

by trying to charge the deposit and the rental car charge

even though tearing the reciept up in front of me.

switched my CC billing address to South Carolina

and tried to do identity theft.

Had to close my Card to get it straight.

AVOID...shysters crooks big time.

california
Level Contributor
332 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: U Save car rental

How long ago did this happen?

Edited: 21 March 2010, 01:25
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: U Save car rental

I have not heard good things here in Costa Rica about them lately...true? I have no idea ...but no good news!

roadadvisor

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: U Save car rental

Stick with the agencies regularly recommended on here: Alamo, Budget, Toyota, Dollar, etc.

Your costs may bit a little higher but you will likely save quite a bit of money and headache in the end.

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: U Save car rental

Hi meirie, so I'm curious, since I'm contemplating a rental with U Save, did you use them? If so, what was your experience?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: U Save car rental

Agree with framptonian...

roadadvisor

Tow
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: U Save car rental

We used Vamos on our last trip with no problems at all. They did not have a car available on our recent trip and so we booked with U Save through Tico Travel. Tico told us rental and insurance would be $301. When we picked up car we were told it would be $301. We were told that there was no charge for extra driver. When we returned car we were asked for our card again and were assured that the total was $301. After they had run the charge someone else came out and asked to see our card again. My husband reluctantly agreed after we were assured that no additonal charges would be added. We got our bill and they had charged us $667. $168 went to Tico Travel and $499 to U save. When we contacted them both, U Save said they made a mistake and that we only owed them $301 for the insurance and the $168 that went to Tico. We were charged for Vandalism Insurance that we did not request and $35 for extra driver. Their SLI and CDW insurance was more than any other rental agency is charging. We have protested the charges with our credit card company and we hope it can be resolved. I would never use them again. Vamos was much more professional.

washington
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: U Save car rental

I had a reservation with U-Save and tried for 10 days to get some information from them via emailing them but received no response. I then called several times only to hear music for 5-10 minutes and then was disconnected. I cancelled the reservation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: U Save car rental

Good choice...congratulations maybe U-SAVE a big headache for you!

roadadvsior

Reply to: U Save car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted