We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help us decide

new york
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help us decide

7 day trip. First night Vista del Valle near San Jose, last night Peace lodge. In between 3 days near Arenal and 2 day either at Tortuguero Park (Turtle Lodge?) or Almonds and Corals down near Cahuita. I know these last two are fairly different- but my sister wants beautiful beach and I want adventure and exotic. Can anyone whose been to both comment on the choice? Also a consideration is the amount of time spent in transport given the rest of the itinerary. Thanks so much. We will be without a car throughout. Also looking for hotel choices in Arenal. I like somewhat remote, like Lizards and Iguanas, but transportation could be tough. We want to visit a number of different hot springs. All help appreciated.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help us decide

Hi,

I would recommend Cahuita, you'll get both of what you want. In Tortuguero the beach is completely untouchable, you can't swim in it at all.

In Arenal I would recommend these hotels:

Los Lagos

Silencio del Campo

Arenal Paraiso

Much more accessible.

It's about a 5 hour drive from Arenal to Cahuita and even further to Tortguero.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

2. Re: help us decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 07:18