We could use your help!
We have most of or itinerary settled I believe:
- Arrive Liberia Apr 4, picking up a compact SUV
- Playa Hormosa in Guanacaste - 3 nights
- Arenal, just outside La Fortuna - 2 nights
- Insert help here - 2 nights
- San Juan - 1 night
- Leave SJO on an early-ish flight.
We have 2 nights to play with, and are unsure whether from Arenal we should head back around Lake Arenal to Monteverde, or push on to La Selva.
Is Monteverde too crowded? Even if it is, is it worth it for 2 nights? Not sure if hunting a sight of the quetzal is worth it for us. But Hotel Belmar looks nice there.
Or is La Selva roughly as bio-diverse with less traffic? Selva Verde has caught our eye as a possibility to stay.
Your opinon would be appreciated!