We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature Air flights from Drake

Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Nature Air flights from Drake

We were thinking of returning to San Jose from Drake at 9:30am by Nature Air. Our flight out is not until midnight that day.

Does anyone see any problem with this? I have read that Nature Air is not always on time, but I would hope a 9:30am flight would arrive in San Jose by the evening.

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nature Air flights from Drake

That will be a new world record if they do not arrive in San Jose on time to take your International flight!

Honestly I do not see any problem!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
London
Level Contributor
184 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nature Air flights from Drake

We flew Nature Air back from Drake and they were great and on time. They had apparently even taken off during a thunder storm the previous morning (glad I wasn't on that one!).

As always, anything could happen - but you should be fine.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nature Air flights from Drake

You should be fine. If there are delays for mechanical or weather reasons they will still do their best to make sure you get to San Jose!

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
Boston...
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nature Air flights from Drake

I just took this flight on Monday! (march 29, 2010). It was about 10 minutes late, and it makes one stop in Puerto Jimenez, which is 15 minutes away. I don't think such delays would tally up to make you miss a midnight flight. If there is some kind of severe weather, that also means you could take a back-up bus ride arranged by the airline in case of a cancellation and still make it to San Jose in time!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
San Jose
San Jose
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nature Air flights from Drake

whatever you decide, DO NOT fly SANSA airlines.

we experienced an unfortunate incident when we booked a charter flight from SJO to Tambor on SANSA Airlines for a wedding two weeks ago.. We arrived 5 minutes late for our charter to find we were denied boarding and our prepaid, pre-reserved charter flight was not available. Further, to date we have received no response from SANSA Airlines realtive to a credit. Their website quotes:

"Our Charter Service allows you to fly for business or pleasure with a schedule that is most convenient for you. This service is excellent for groups, travel agencies or tour operators."

We booked a charter flight with the understanding the plane waits for us to arrive. SANSA set the departure time based on our arrival.

Our flight into SJO was on time, but there were huge delays clearing customs and security at SJO. No one could help us at the SANSA counter and no one could make a decision, or tell us where our plane was located.

We ended up using AVIONE (highly recommended) which delivered a plane to us in 10 minutes. NAture AIR maybe be a happier airline - but check it out first.

Mentioned in this post
Juan Santamaria Intl Airport
Juan Santamaria Intl...
San Jose, Costa Rica
Tambor
Tambor
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
6. Re: Nature Air flights from Drake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:18