We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Checking in early or check out late? Common practice?

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Checking in early or check out late? Common practice?

I contacted one owner at a hotel who told me it would be no problem holding our luggage in a secured room while we do a tour since we are arriving earlier than check in time.

Now I am thinking I would need to contact all the hotels since most of the shuttles we are taking arrive earlier than hotel time check in.

So how common is this?

I am thinking it would not be a problem if it all depends on how busy and booked the hotel is right?

Also relying on the shuttles one afternnon we would leave later than check out time.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Edited: 25 April 2010, 23:10
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Checking in early or check out late? Common practice?

I am thinking it would not be a problem if it all depends on how busy and booked the hotel is right? You are correct!

Most hotels are OK about late check In or Outs!

Just ask...

roadadvsior

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Checking in early or check out late? Common practice?

Always better to ask ahead of time, then hotel management can try to keep the room available for you.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Checking in early or check out late? Common practice?

Ask in advance, so hopefull they will attempt to have the room you will occupy cleaned first. In your inquiry/request, advise them the shuttle/bus that you'll be using with est. arrival time so they can plan for your arrival. Just to ease your arrivals from place to place!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Checking in early or check out late? Common practice?

Thanks to all, I will do as advised! :-)

5. Re: Hotel Checking in early or check out late? Common practice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2010, 06:35