We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where and what part of the country to stay in...

All~

I'm looking for a place to stay on CR that is on the beach for a relaxing and romantic getaway. (no kids)

I'm looking for a nice 5 star hotel, that is not too far away from places to go shop, etc. I'm not sure where and what part of the country to stay in.

Any help is appreciated...

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

Have you looked in a guide book or googled Costa Rica? Maybe this is where you should start. You can google 5 star hotel Costa Rica or All Inclusive Costa Rica and get a lot of information and go from there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,474 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

Four Seasons...Paradisus Playa Conchal...Punta Islita...J.W Marriot...a nice villa at Buena Vista Villas and Casas in Manuel Antonio!

roadadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

What time of the year are you planning for?

Are you looking at All-inclusive? (limited selection) or just a really nice place and enjoy some adventure?

Are you renting a car?

How long will your stay be?

Your question is way too general...as HattieCostaRica suggested, check out a good guide book (Lonely Planet or Moon Travel Guide are good ones), then get back to us! We will be glad to help out when you get more specific.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

www.arenasdelmar.com

www.gaiahr.com

at

www.manuelantoniopark.com

www.tamarindodiria.com www.tamarindo.com

are your 2 best upscale hotels in best areas

with nearby shopping...

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

Look at the Tamarindo Beach area where there is JW Marriott Guanacaste - beautiful hotel, just 20 minutes from Tamarindo Beach. Also, here is a link to some all-inclusives in the area:

tamarindocosta-rica.com/all-inclusives.html

Also, browse around the site for a general orientation to the area. Tamarindo Beach is on the northwestern coast of Costa Rica. It's known for its beautiful beaches and its community/small town atmosphere. Hosted here are many weddings, group gatherings and romantic getaways.

Edited: 12 May 2010, 12:45
Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

IT really depends where you fly into to which beach is closer. If you fly into Liberia I recommend heading to Tamarindo area, Flamingo and other areas around there. This is also where the majority of the all inclusives are.

If you fly into San Jose, I recommend going to Manual Antonio. There are tons of gorgeous hotels there and the best adult only hotels!

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

Thank you very much for the info. Looks like I'll have to catch a "local" flight to get to that area. Kind of a long drive.

Justin

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to catch a local flight to that area. Kind of a long drive.

Much appreciated.

Justin

9. Re: Where and what part of the country to stay in...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:17