We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio situation today!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio situation today!

I was on my way to Manuel Antonio today...when I received a call from a friend in Quepos...do not even think to try to drive here today...the road from Quepos to Manuel Antonio is and still closed at 2:20PM no electricity no water...

My costumer are staying in San Jose to see how the situation turn during the rest of the afternoon!

roadadvisor

Chicago
Level Contributor
141 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

What caused the closure?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Flooding.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Tis the season, its pouring on my house right now! It's gonna be a wet one this year folks.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Tropical storm came thru approx. midnight with very HIGH force winds and torrential rain affecting Central Pacific from Jaco to Manuel Antonio. In MA, lots of trees fell on power lines, power lines fell across the road. See if you can pick up the story "Zona sur afectad por inundaciones" http://www.teletica.com/seccion.php?idp=1

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Thanks for the info. I have a loved one there and had not heard from them today. Now I know why if there is no electricity.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Thanks for the updates.

Hope all are safe and things clear up soon.

raquel

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Just received this from the Chamber re: the current situation:

URGENT NOTICE FROM THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH

ROAD TO MANUEL ANTONIO WILL BE CLOSED TODAY

The Chamber has just received word by phone that as of 3 PM TODAY WEDNESDAY JUNE 2, the road that connects to Manuel Antonio will be CLOSED after the entrance of Hotel Parador, as vehicular access only reaches to this point. This is due to poor access from fallen trees blocking road access.

The Ministry of Health, in coordination with the CONAVI, warns that pedestrian traffic between this area and the beach is at the risk of each individual.

MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY JUNE 7th

In the statement given by the Directorate of Central Pacific Conservation Area, it is reported that Manuel Antonio National Park is closed until Monday, June 7 due to fallen trees and damage to trails caused by the storm on Tuesday June 1. The park is unable to give access to visitors until this situation is fixed.

--

Cámara de Comercio, Industria

Y Turismo de Aguirre, Costa Rica

Telefax: 2777-0749

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Fortunately, we aren't going to MA until June 9th. But just out of curiousity, what do we do if we can't make it there if the roads are closed? Will the hotels we have reservations with still charge us for those nights?

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Sassybee I would suggest to make other plans and to call the hotel you have booked with directly.

Delays in cleaning up roads can go beyond next Monday.

Edited: 03 June 2010, 00:30
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manuel Antonio situation today!

Thanks, just emailed Mike from La Posada.