We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Captian Suizo or Los altos de eros?

colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Captian Suizo or Los altos de eros?

Hello. My husband and I are planning on going on vacation to CR in Jan 2011. I can't decide which one to stay at---Hotel Caitan Suizo or Los Altos De Eros.

FWIW we want to do some fun things but we also want a lot of days lounging around the beach/pool. We aren't wanting to always be on the go. For example on our honeymoon we spent 2 out of the 7 days doing kayaking/hiking/sailing things but other than that we loved just relaxing.

We plan to be gone for 7 nights 8 days.

Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Captian Suizo or Los altos de eros?

Los Altos de Eros...that will be my choice...

Roadadvisor

San Diego
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Captian Suizo or Los altos de eros?

We stayed at Captian Suizo and loved it six years ago - they have the best beach and no one from town wanders that far down so it's very private. The bungalows were great but no A.C. - I would stay there just because of the beach and the pool was nice as well. After walking around town and looking at the other hotels we thought we were in the nicest spot.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Captian Suizo or Los altos de eros?

Los Altos de Eros is fabulous! It is a luxury Inn and Spa. More expensive than Capitan Suizo, but worth it if you you want to get away and be totally pampered. It's about 20-minutes from Tamarindo. It's far from the beach in another town, but has a majestic view.

Capitan Suizo is quite different. It is a boutique hotel located right on the beach, just a 10-minute walk to Tamarindo. It's very nice and has a spa,

You wouldn't go wrong with either one, just depends on what you want.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Captian Suizo or Los altos de eros?

www.losaltosdeeros.com

is romantic HM worthy my choice

Suizo nice beach hotel closer to Tamarindo on the beach

very nice but more moderate not as spectacular or romantic...

Congrats!

5. Re: Hotel Captian Suizo or Los altos de eros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 06:18