We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

Toronto
11 posts
Save Topic
Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

Hey guys,

My buddy (who's going through a divorce) and I are thinking about going to Costa Rica (not sure where in Costa Rica, Liberia or San Jose?) for a quick get away (to take his mind off things).

We don't want to stay at a place with grandmas and grandpas. We're looking for a place with a great atmosphere, good vibe, people our age (30+), good food (all inclusive), a hotel with great amenities, decent night life on site and/or close to night life, etc …

Let me know what you guys recommend??

Thanks!!

Edited: 21 June 2010, 02:26
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,406 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

In Guanacaste...Paradisus Playa Conchal...that can be a good option...

Or Central Pacific at Jaco beach...a lot to do there...

roadadvisor

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

Tamarindo is the best for you guys, for the aid in getting over divorce and simply for a great time! Grandmas and grandpas, are far away:)

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

Gee, Marina, I saw plenty of grandmas and grandpas in Tamarindo!

But since I am one of these, the OP is probably not interested in anything I would recommend.

Good luck.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

I was kidding about that, since I went there with my inlaws.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

Some grandmas and pas here, mostly people in their 20 and 30s. There are many things here to take his mind off this divorce. Check out the nightlife section of the Tamarindo community site.

tamarindocosta-rica.com/activities/night-lif…

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

All inclusives tend to predominantly be located in the Guanacaste area but don't focus so much on that type of lodging. Focus on choosing the area that will give you the kind of atmosphere and enteretainment that you are looking for and then the lodging decision can come after. There are tons of places that are not all inclusive that are great places to stay plus you are going to get out and mingle more when doing activities and dining away from a resort. That is where the real experience is...it is in the mix with the people in the towns and villages.

7. Re: Costa Rica - July - Where to Stay - 2 X 30+ yr old Males

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 07:16