We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full "free" day in Arenal....what best to do?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Full "free" day in Arenal....what best to do?

We will have already arrived, spent half a day lounging, ziplinned, canyonned, white water rafted, night volcano hike and enjoyed the hot springs. Our last full day before heading out of arenal we have no "set" plans, and I'm wondering what you guys think would be best to do.

We are two couples in our late 20's (i'm the old man at 30) and are thinking about either Rio Celeste, Cano Negro, hanging bridges, ??? anything really. Atvs, horesback, hiking, anything is good. But i'd like diversity from what we've already done.

After we leave Arenal we're heading to montezuma so we could do a horesback or atv ride there, is sort of why i was thinking something else.

I was also worried about the rain affecting rio celeste too much next week.

Anyone have a suggestion about how best to spend our time?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full "free" day in Arenal....what best to do?

Cano Negro...even in a rainy day is great!

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full "free" day in Arenal....what best to do?

Agree with Cano Negro. It's a great day on the river with lots of wildlife.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full "free" day in Arenal....what best to do?

Cano negro, great choice!!! I did it when it was pouring out, but the boat was closed and we still saw tons of wildlife.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

4. Re: Full "free" day in Arenal....what best to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 07:20