We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive and fly?

new york
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
drive and fly?

Will be going to cr.for the first time this dec.We plan on going to arenal then to quepos.Can i rent a car in sj.and return it in quepos so we can fly back from quepos to sj.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
481 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive and fly?

I'd drive back to San Jose. It's only 3 hours from Quepos to the airport.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drive and fly?

Yes you can do it...and by the new road...#27 only 2 hours and 30 minutes...MA to SJO...

roadadvisor

3. Re: drive and fly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 13:39
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
343 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drive and fly?

We have been to CR several times and never had any problems driving our rental car. Just don't pass speed limits and use common sense and you will be fine. Don't let anyone scare you. It's really not hard to drive in CR and most roads are in good shape. Maybe get a GPS because road signs are poor in many places. The only places that are not that pleasant to drive in are the larger cities like San José and Heredia. Lots of cars.... But driving to Arenal and MA from the airport there is no need to drive through a large city.

Seekonk, Mass
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: drive and fly?

Since you are already driving from Arenal to Quepos the trip to SJO should be a piece of cake. I wouldn't drop the car in Quepos to get back in a car with driver to SJO....

Edited: 05 August 2010, 12:37
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: drive and fly?

Always WAY more expensive to fly rent one way

only 120 miles 3 hours to/from

www.servicecarrental.com to/from from $150/week

always saves me a tonne on drivers planes cabs

your route nice paved easy

www.hotelvillacaletas.com nice place to break up your journey.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: drive and fly?

I drive for living in Costa Rica...but I can guarantee you ...that you will have great time driving in our country...of course if you like to relax is not the way...but driving here is as good or as bad as USA or Canada!

roadadvisor

8. Re: drive and fly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 07:22