We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Nature Air usually on time?

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Is Nature Air usually on time?

Hi:

I can get a flight from Manuel Antonio to San José arriving 11:10 a.m. The shuttle then leaves for international airport at 11:15, arriving 20 minutes later. I have a 2:30 p.m. flight home, so time wise, it's perfect, so long as the original flight leaves on time.

Is that crazy, are Nature Air flights dependable enough to do this? The price is cheaper than hiring a driver and not much more than a shuttle, which would also be cutting it close.

K

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

I don't think it is Nature Air being late, but more the weather. Even if you land on time, you will need more then 5 minutes to get off the plane, get your luggage and then get on the shuttle. For me this would be way to tight. I would suggest either flying Sansa or getting an earlier flight.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

The shuttle is part of Nature Air services and meets the flight. It's a flight of 18 seats so I imagine the shuttle sits and waits for the plane to get there.

Good point about the weather though!

K

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

Hola KAY...Nature Air are good keeping schedules...I will be concern about the road transfer between Pavas and Alajuela SJO...nobody knows how that road is going to be...and we are living now with a crazy situation around the Virilla river bridge...and some times it takes for ever to drive what is supposed to be a 20 minutes drive ...turn into long painfull minutes...

Trust me I go to the same situation daily with my drivers and cars...we never know when is fast or when is going to be like a huge parking lot!

Ask around for LA PLATINA bridge...every body that knows San Jose will know what I´m talking about...sorry no links this time!

roadadvisor

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

Thanks for the info!

K

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

I've flown four times on nature air and every flight left on time. I have nearly ten flights so far on sansa and none have left on time and were always at least 45 minutes late.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

Thanks for the info. I ended up booking Sansa because of roadadvisor's comment, backed up by articles found on the internet. I'll have about 2.5 hours leeway with the Sansa flight, and hopefully I won't get screwed....It seems you can't win either way...

K

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

Any problems while you are here...just give me a call...we will do somenthing...even cry!

roadadvisor

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

road advisor is totally right about the trip from Pavas to San Jose International. I have also flown Nature Air and Sansa many times. Neither have ever arrived on time but only one time was it over 2 hours late. Usually just 30min or so.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

I have done a tight connection like that and made it with no problem yet I would recommend spending the night closer to airport.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Nature Air usually on time?

Thanks for all your replies. My flight home leaves 4.5 hours after the Sansa flight is supposed to arrive, so I hope it will be fine. I'll mention it in my future trip report!

K