We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helping in Costa Rica

CA
Level Contributor
464 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Helping in Costa Rica

Hi. We are a group of high school students, and parents coming to help with medical and social needs, arranged by a program. We are flying into San Jose. We will have only 2 days out of 8 to see Costa Rica, and they are not in a row. Could you please suggest what we could see in those 2 days to maximize our time. We want to cram as much in as possible. We live by the beach in CA so we want to see things we can't see here. Thanks for your help!! We are coming Thanksgiving week.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

Maybe you can give us some kind of idea about your itinerary...in that way we can give you some ideas...based on your already set itinerary...

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

CA
Level Contributor
464 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

I have no idea. They take us out each day from 8 am to 5 pm and we do service in rural areas. I was thinking about one day in Tortuguero and one day in Arenal and Monte Verde?? I just started looking. Was thinking about rainforest, zip line, hanging bridges, coffee plantation, boat ride to see alligators and monkeys. Thoughts? Thanks so much.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,298 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

Without knowing where you will be it's very hard to recommend specific sights or tours. If you are sleeping in or near San Jose your best day trip is an all day white-water rafting trip on the Pacuare, a really scenic river with loads of excitement. Lost of operators but Rios tropicales and Aventuras Naturales have been running the river for a long time. Rates include pickup and dropoff in the San Jose area. One day trips to anreal and Tortugeuro are a waste in my opinion as you spend 3/4 of the day getting to and from your destination. Of course if you're staying close to Arenal that's a different matter. Your organization should be able to tell you where you will be spending each night.

Edited: 12 October 2010, 04:52
CA
Level Contributor
464 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

are there any zip lines or hanging bridges close to san jose? can we go to Areanal on a day trip and do hanging bridges, sky trek and lava viewing? I heard it is a day trip to do all that. Thoughts?

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

If you are close to San Jose, I would recommend a full day trip to Turu Bari it's a nature adventure park that has many tours and great eco grounds!

Hope this helps,

Marina K Villatoro

CA
Level Contributor
464 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

Thanks. Found out we will be within several hours of San Jose, and we have 2 days to cram with activities.

What do you think is the best place to see animals in the rain forest?

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

Will they not tell you the exact town /village where you will be staying? That would greatly help in offering suggestions.

CA
Level Contributor
464 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

We are staying in San Jose. We will take day trips out, and return at 5 or 6 pm.

9. Re: Helping in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:16