We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning to Costa Rica in 2011

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Returning to Costa Rica in 2011

My wife and I along with another couple are planning our 2nd trip to Costa Rica in early 2011 since it's the place we compare all other vacations too. We were there four years ago and without a doubt it was the best vacation ever. We flew into San Jose rented a car then spent time in Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Antonio. We could easily do the exact same trip over again but we would like to check out other areas. I know this is probably been asked way too many times to count but if we had to switch Arenal for something similar is there anything close? How about Monteverde and Manuel Antonio? I am just starting my research but thought I should post here first.

Thanks,

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,878 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning to Costa Rica in 2011

Arenal Monteverde and Manuel Antonio are the standard 1st time trip. Now you get the fun of deciding between Tortugeuro (tons of wildlife in a insolated location where canals replace roads for access), Puerto Viejo on the south Caribbean coast (wildlife and beautiful beaches), northern Pacific beaches (including Tamarindo and Coco for fun in the sun), southern Nicoya beaches (including MalPais for surfing and Montezuma for relaxing) and the Osa peninsula on the south Pacific coast (for incredible wildlife encounters, best accessed from San Jose by plane). Too much to do it all on a 2nd trip but lots of great options depending on your interests.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning to Costa Rica in 2011

Agree with crfan...

roadadvisor

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning to Costa Rica in 2011

Hi I had to reply we are just like you and compare everything to costa rica it is the only destination we find that we like to repeat. We are returning for our third time and bring friends in 2011. We did tamarindo and MA our first trip and Arenal and Osa our second. This time we are renting a beach house in montezuma. We loved the Osa. Hope we like montezuma too. Good Luck with your travels

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning to Costa Rica in 2011

Sounds great everyone, thanks alot for your feedback so far. I will likely ask for some additional feedback on accomodations/activities.

Thanks again.

-Chris

5. Re: Returning to Costa Rica in 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 05:17