We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store and Hospital near Playa Flamingo

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Grocery store and Hospital near Playa Flamingo

Where is nearest Hospital and Grocery store to Playa Flamingo?

Thanks.

Also, can give me exact directions to Conchal beach from Palms Playa Flamingo to snorkel on that beach. I would want to drive to the beach in a rental car if possible which is not a 4 wheel drive.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store and Hospital near Playa Flamingo

We have drive-to doctor offices, those who make house calls, clinics, and hospitals in Liberia and Nicoya. If you're looking for an "american-style" hospital you need to go to San Jose. There is an extension clinic of a very good, major hospital, Catholica Bibliotec, in Playa Papagayo some 60-minutes away. Here is a link with the info:

tamarindocosta-rica.com/medical-tourism.html

Conchal is to the south of Playa Flamingo about 15-minutes by car. Exact directions are tricky. I believe you head south toward Tamarindo from Flamingo and turn right towards Matapalo. Then ask for directions.

Their is a grocery store in Flamingo, but a better one once you leave and head of Matapalo and Conchal beach.

Edited: 13 October 2010, 23:30
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store and Hospital near Playa Flamingo

Uh.... too much rum, surfsponger? haha

It is quite simple to get from Flamingo to Conchal. Head south on the main road where you will reach Brasilito. Turn right just before the bridge and follow the tracks to Conchal. You will drive on the beach. If there is an extra high tide, you won't be able to drive to Conchal Beach and just park near or around Brasilito and walk the rest of the way.

As for snorkeling, I think you would be better off to take a boat out of Flamingo to go snorkeling offshore. There are many available and the most common is a 1/2 day trip.

The closest hospital is in Liberia which is a public hospital. There are private doctors and clinics in many of the towns in the area.

Edited: 13 October 2010, 23:47
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store and Hospital near Playa Flamingo

Hattie:How did you know rum was my favorite?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery store and Hospital near Playa Flamingo

Just a wild guess, mi amigo....

5. Re: Grocery store and Hospital near Playa Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 05:18