We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

Trying to play the "do I buy now" game. What's a good range for June.

Thx!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

Way too early for June!

Look here: http://matrix2.itasoftware.com At this site, you can find a calendar of the lowest fare price for every day of the month.

Also -- go to Fare Compare or Kayak and sign up for their notification email if the price changes on the flight you are looking for.

Keep checking at least once or twice a week but your best price may be 6 weeks or 2 months ahead of your flight.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

What are the airfares coming up for you right now? I also like the website Hattie recommends, itasoftware.com, however from where I fly (Seattle) I have always had the best luck buying way in advance...as far out as 8 months. Maybe it's just my departure City, but I always check regularly after purchasing tix to see if I made the right choice buying early and every time the price has only creeped further up, sometimes more than double what I paid. For example, earlier this year a ticket I paid $600 way in advance ran up to $1,200 nearing my trip date. Granted, I'm not in a good hub for CA so just reporting based on my personal experience. :-)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

The tricky part is I am looking for 15 people. I can get a fare for $390 for all 15 if we book it right. several airlines offering this.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

Are you ok with that price? I would be. IMO safe bet to buy now.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,041 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

Try Frontier ...direct flights to and from DEN to SJO

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

That does sound like a good price to me. If you look at other locations - San Francisco or Chicago or New York, this is right in line.. If you decide to go ahead and buy it, don't look back. Buy your tickets and don't look at any further listings for this flight wondering if you got a good deal.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

Would love to do Frontier but I have checked website and Frontier group rate and they are at $501/pp.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

If you are getting 390 and it includes taxes I would jump on it. Doubt you will get much better IMO waiting.

Cheers

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

Excellent suggestions

www.kayak.com/buzz

www.cheapoair.com

2 other good screening sites I like to use

$390 all in is a good price from Denver

10. Re: SJO flight from Denver-What's a good price?? June'11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2011, 05:18