We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attn:budget travellers-low cost fun in PV,Arenal&Monteverde

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Attn:budget travellers-low cost fun in PV,Arenal&Monteverde

I don't mind paying for some of the big things -like ziplining - but I have to watch the budget for 3 families - I welcome some suggestions. I realize walking is free but need some structure for the kids ages 12-24.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attn:budget travellers-low cost fun in PV,Arenal&Monteverde

In PV you can rent bicycles and ride to the Jaguar Rescue Center. Bicycle rentals are fairly inexpensive and you can have for the entire day. I believe the Jaguar Rescue Center only requests $5 donations. They do have set times for tours to plan in advance. In Arenal the kids (and family) might enjoy a day pass to run around the pools at Los Lagos, maybe a hike to the waterfalls.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attn:budget travellers-low cost fun in PV,Arenal&Monteverde

Arenal...low price tour...La Fortuna Waterfall...also El Silencio...

Be carefull with people offering discounts...

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attn:budget travellers-low cost fun in PV,Arenal&Monteverde

La Fortuna/Arenal Volcano:

Hotel Los Lagos: one of the best deals we've found for families with kids is to do the zip line with them (a very good one) and then you can use their hot springs for free. They also have on their grounds a little butterfly area, frog area and caiman area...great for the kids and you definitely get your money's worth. ;-) You can call the hotel directly and book. Another option is if you don't want to do the ziplines, pay $10 per person to use the grounds & hot springs. :-) We also have other tips for "freebies" but too long to list! Contact me if you'd like to know about this area. :-)

4. Re: Attn:budget travellers-low cost fun in PV,Arenal&Monteverde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2011, 05:17