We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to San Jose

chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flights to San Jose

We are heading to Costa Rica at the end of February. Been looking for flights but the cheapest I have found is about $480 from Chicago. Are there any good websites that might have some good deals?

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to San Jose

That is a decent fare...maybe check...Spirit or TACA.com

roadadvisor

Ckarkston
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to San Jose

I just booked a flight from Detroit to SJO and searched quite extensively for the best fare. I booked a flight for $418 Rt from DET on US Airways. I went to the big travel sites and checked the fright calendar for the cheapest days to fly as the fares differ quite a bit. We are leaving on a Wednesday because the fares are quite a bit cheaper.

Hope this helps

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to San Jose

look here: http://matrix2.itasoftware.com

At this website, you can get a calendar of the lowest fares for every day of the month.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to San Jose

We are booked from Chicago at the end of November, returning beginning of December for $450/person so I think your fare is pretty good considering Feb is the high season in CR. Hope this helps. We are on Delta with a connection in Atlanta.

chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to San Jose

Thanks to all for the tips :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to San Jose

We are going a week from Sunday Chicago - SJO on American. Our flight was showing around $80 or so each way so with taxes about $250. We used miles, which is why I can't quote you the exact price.

Typically I hold my flight and keep checking back and re-holding each day. Not sure what prices are like in Feb. but we did book end of March in 2008 on American for around $330. I think we booked those in November 2007.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to San Jose

You are lucky to get that good of a fare. We are flying from Phoenix and it is $200 more expensive....and we are more south than you...go figure!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to San Jose

I just got $495 from detroit I keep watching seen higher and maybe $20 cheaper for Feb. I was just scared they'd keep going up.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,354 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to San Jose

You guys are lucky to find a fare between $400and 500 we just paid over $800 from Seattle to SJ and that was the best any of the web sites had.

10. Re: Flights to San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 05:17