We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interbus

Tamworth, Staffs, UK
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Interbus

Hi

Has anyone used interbus or any similar service recently? I can only find old posts with specific airport questions.

I am wondering whether to use them for travel between Tamarindo and Arenal.

Do they tend to pack people in? What is the bus like? Or should I stick to a private driver?

Thanks

Linda

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interbus

Linda I drive for a private company here in Costa Rica...I can tell you that INTERBUS mini vans...look very clean all the time

Most of them good for about 12 passengers...

I will said that if you are OK with set up schedules and share the bus with other people...they are ok...and of course the price...they offer good price!

roadadvisor

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interbus

We are having a bit of difficulty with Interbus website -- We want to travel to El Silencio del Camp from San Jose via Interbus and then we would like to make reservations from Hidden Canopy Treehouse Hotel in Monteverde back to San Jose. Will Interbus take us directly to El Silencio or do they just drop us off in La Fortuna........

Please let me know if there is a toll free number for Interbus -- I thought someone on this site said there was a toll free number.

Also, is it safe to drink the water in Costa Rica and use the ice cubes or should we be careful -- our trip is in two weeks, thanks, Lainie66

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interbus

You can see all the hotels they pick up from on their website. Just select your from/to cities and select a time, then after you hit next it will have a drop-down menu of all the hotels. You can see all this info before you have to book. I've been in the vans when full and when empty, it really just depends, but never did I feel too cramped for space.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interbus

Interbus will take you directly to El Silencio. You can go to this website www.shuttlebus.co.cr and when you click through and get to the ticket part, it will give you a list of places where you can be picked up/dropped off, as midori said.

For the toll-free number, I would check the main Interbus website -- www.interbusonline.com

Basically, if you use the shuttlebus site, it is a simple thing to make your reservation and buy your ticket.

It is safe to drink the water in Costa Rica and use the ice cubes. It is not like a few other countries with water problems - the water infrastructure in Costa Rica is very clean.

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Interbus

Does Interbus drop-off/pick-up at Hotel Alta?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interbus

OK. If you read my previous post, you will see that if you go to the website for shuttlebus.co.cr, you can double click on your origin, pick your destination and when the options come up, pick one and then you can see exactly where they pick up or drop off. Come on! You can do it!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interbus

Hattie you crack me up!

Linda - we are using Interbus because they offer a really good special...if you book two transfers you get the third free. So we are using it to go from San Jose to Arenal to Manuel Antonio to San Jose and we get the last leg free, which really adds up for four people.

We used the site interbusonline.com and it was very easy, just as Hattie said! The special offer is on the home page in the upper right-hand corner. I have emailed them a few times and customer service has been good.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
357 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interbus

I highly recommend using the Interbus. They have smaller mini buses very comfortable and clean. They make regular stops during the trip for bathroom breaks etc. They even stopped for an attraction on the road - the crocodiles at the Tarcoles bridge and for watching scarlet Macaws.

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Interbus

Thanks hattie! I did follow your instructions, but wasn't able to find Hotel Alta in the drop-down lists. Does anyone know whether this means they do not pick-up/drop-off there? (The reason I ask is because there is a spot which says that you can type in the name of your hotel if it is NOT in the drop-down list.)

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interbus

Renerz - One of my hotels was not listed and I used the function" Hotel not listed type below". Then you just type it in the box. It worked like a breeze. It does NOT mean they will not come to that hotel.