We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Hey everyone! My wife and I will be arriving in CR Friday afternoon and heading to Arenal Nayara for 3 nights to start our getaway! It'll be our first visit to CR and we're beyond excited! How's the weather in the Arenal/La Fortuna area? Getting much rain? And has the volcano been showing itself at all lately? A little insider knowledge would be great! Most online weather forecasts seem to be pretty generic and just say "Rain" everyday. Oh, and can anyone tell me how far the Hanging Bridges are from Nayara?

We'll be then heading down to Manuel Antonio sometime Monday....any weather reports/forecasts for down there?

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect! Looking forward to an awesome Honeymoon adventure! Pura Vida!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Hi... here is a helpful map of Arenal...picture of a bridge #1 by the Dam is Hanging Bridges and #36 (way on the right side) is Arenal Nayara.

www.arenal.net/arenal-costa-rica-map.htm

Edited: 01 December 2010, 17:23
Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Weather changes fast in CR, too early to tell what weather will be like Monday,

either way you'll have fun, many activities in Arenal involve getting wet anyways!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

The weather where I live - Tenorio Volcano - is dismal. Has been raining every day for about a week. But.... I can hop in my car or on the bus and head down hill to Canas or Guanacaste, and it will be sunny and warm. You just never know.....

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Thanks for the replies!

Great map of the Arenal Area! Very helpful! Thanks so much!

So, I guess there's really no such thing as weather forecasts in CR, huh? Makes sense since the weather changes so frequently. I guess I'm just used to being able to look at a local forecast and know (somewhat) what to expect over the next week or so. :-)

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

There are forecasts available through the National Meterological website but unless you know the country and some Spanish, it may not mean much.

You can get weather forecasts for pretty much all the locations in Costa Rica that have airports, large or small. However -- if the forecast says "rain" then you can't be sure if it is rain all day, late afternoon showers or just intermittent showers. The one I use is Weather Underground. I think it has the best. And it has a neat history feature so you can find out what the weather was at the time last year when you are scheduled to visit.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Thanks Hattie! I'll check it out!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Central Pacific area chiming in here ... the last three days have not been great in the region. Mostly cloudy with occasional rain (sprinkling to a medium shower) Reports indicate (for whatever it's worth!) it should be clearing up by the weekend. Although it's raining, it's warm, windows and doors open. Tis the season for transition so be prepared for anything and don't let the rain deter your good times. Have a wonderful honeymoon!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Cold front around the Caribbean is affecting the weather...terrible rain today around Arenal...Sarpaiqui...Limon...really nasty weather...

roadadvsior

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

Well, we'll be crossing our fingers (and toes) and HOPING for some sunshine! We knew this was kind of a "transition" time between green and dry seasons, but we were really hoping we'd get lucky with the weather for at least SOME of our trip! We'll make the most out of it whatever the weather though! Looking forward to visiting your beautiful country, and thanks SO MUCH for all of the valuable information you all have shared during our preparation! Pura Vida!

10. Re: Hey Locals and Current Visitors! How's the Weather?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 06:32