We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Topic
If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

and:

- Loved beautiful beaches

- Loved wildlife/ animals (hubby is a photographer)

- Had a car

Where would you stay? (preferably on the beach)?

We're in our late 20's, adventurous and enjoy a cocktail or 12 :)

Sorry about the not-too-specific question, I'm just starting out with my research and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all!

Any replies/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

Sorry - forgot to mention, we'd love to stay somewhere close enough to some great wildlife spots, so we don't waste too much time driving.

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

CR is such a great option because you dont need to stay in just one place to enjoy this great combination of adventures. iF I were you I'd probably go for a combination of Arenal Volcano & the beach in Manuel Antonio. Great for photographing (there are great photo opportunities all around this beautiful country!) but these two locations offer the combination you are looking for...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

Thank you so much for narrowing it down for me! The Manuel Antonio area looks perfect for us! A great combination of beach/ wildlife side-by-side - exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

We have a suggest seven day tour: teetimescostarica.com/costa-rica-seven-day-t…

Hope it gives you some ideas.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

Thanks for that.

We're looking at travelling in late June and I have just discovered that this is the rainy season. Does anyone know if it was particularly wet last June?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

It was not that bad...some rain...but not crazy...maybe you guys can start looking around Manuel Antonio...Dominical ...Uvita...and for great pictures the area od Dota incredible mountain views and a lot of Quetzals...among many other tropical birds...

Also Sarapiqui area will be great for your husband pictures...some time around Caribbean side Puerto Viejo...Cahuita...Punta Uva...Manzanillo...

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

What time if year will you be traveling?

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

Just at roadadvisor said, last June was not that rainy, it is a transition month between dry and wet months, so it usually presents unpredictable weather, but to me these are nice months, everything is starting to bloom from the first rains, everything's green but you still get to have nice sunshining days most of the times...you can expect some beautiful mornings and probably some afternoon showers. Good luck!

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
282 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

I'll step in, because no one has mentioned the Caribbean. I live in Puerto Viejo and I love it. June and July has some rain for us, but lots and lots of sun, too.

We have some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen! We have a wonderful animal rescue center where you can get up close to take photos and even play with the baby monkeys. There are good restaurants and great nightlife with lots of live music, charming hotels to choose from in all price ranges. And best of all, we have warm friendly people, lots of whom speak English as they are of Jamaican descent - so lots of reggae music, too.

If you come here, you won't want to leave.

10. Re: If you had 8 or 9 days in Costa Rica....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:17