We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any shots needed for CR trip?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any shots needed for CR trip?

Any vaccinations,etc needed or recommended for a trip to CR? Seeing we'll be doing lots of stuff in the jungle,rain forest,just wondering?

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

The only shots you need are the ones you take for normal life at home, like hepatitis. For costa rica all you need to do is use insect repellent 24/7. There is a small risk of dengue and that mosquito bites during the day.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

There are no special shots required if you have had your regular schedule of shots in early childhood (and tetanus within the past ten years).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

Penicillin if you go to certain 'bars'. jejejeeje!!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
618 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

I have been going to CR for years - jungle - beach the whole thing and never had my shots and was good. Some risk with Malaria I guess but just always brought like 60% deet bug stray and put it on always. I just did not want to take daily pills for it.

I just went to Africa got all my shots and felt I did not need them really, but figured better to be safe than sorry there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

No shots...bring some insect repellent...

roadadvisor

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

Had to get some for South America but not Costa Rica.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

Thanks ,all

8. Re: Any shots needed for CR trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 05:24