We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Costa Rica

NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Where to go in Costa Rica

My husband and I are trying to plan a trip to CR in February. He prefers wildlife/nature/adventure while I just want to relax on a nice beautiful beach.

Can anyone suggest any areas that's a good compromise of the two?

Thanks!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

Punta Uva on the Caribbean side comes to mind. great combination of everything you want in your vacation. Mix it in with a few days in Arenal Volcano area too.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

I think Manuel Antonio would fit the bill for both of you..

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

www.manuelantoniopark.com shows the best of both activities that you want.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

http://www.haciendabaru.com/

It is a fantastic Nature Park with a beautiful natural beach. There are some easy hikes you can do just around the hotel/beach area...hotel will provide a map. If you really want a challenge..you can hike to the top of the mountain just across the road...the hike starts at the property..goes up...across the road and up the mountain. The view from the mountain top is breath taking. There are look out platforms along the way. Hacienda Baru has reasonably prices rooms. It is Dominical Costa Rica. I did some early morning walks just on the trails around the hotel and saw some incredible wildlife. I walk right into a pack of Pizote. There were about 30 or so of them all around me. They are harmless....but what an incredible experience! The next day the same thing happened with a large family of monkeys. They were eye level with us....looking at us just the same as we were looking at them. Check out the website.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Dominical
Dominical
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

Manuel Antonio great choice...also Caribbean beaches...but you have to do some kind of homework to visit the Caribbean...

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

Do you recommend any hotels In the manuel antonio area?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

To see the best of Costa Rica you can split up your trip and see the Arenal or Rincon de la Vieja area for the wildlife, etc. Then travel to the Tamarindo Beach area where relaxing on the beach is a major non-activity. Here are two helpful sites.

www.arenal.net

www.tamarindocosta-rica.com

8. Re: Where to go in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 05:56