We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
226 reviews
Save Topic
Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

My husband and I are planning to do a rafting trip on the Pacuare River in February and would like some advice on which company to book with. We've read about quite a few (CR Nature Adventures, CR Expeditions, Autentico Adventures, Explorador-which there have been some questionable reviews on, Rios Tropicales, and I believe a small group called Tico Rivers, among others so it's difficult to choose one. I think we've decided we'd feel better with a bigger company and if anyone could give us suggestions that would be very helpful in making our decision.

We will be staying in Turrialba and we will have a rental car.

Thanks!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

I have run the Pacuare with Rios Tropicales several times, all great safe fun!

We have used Exploradores Ourdoors combo transportation/rafting and been happy with them too.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

I've only run with Rios Tropicales and they are great! Top notch! However, I would go in a second with Exploradores Outdoors as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

I will go with Rios Tropicales...as a former outtfitter and guide...I can easily said that you can track Rios Tropicales back for years...some out of the blues companies ...are not good news sometimes...and rafting can be a dangerous tours...you can get hurt or even kill...maybe better deal with proffesionals with good guides and good insurance...and aproved by ICT ...

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,269 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

We've used Rios Tropicales twice, and if we go a third time, we'll use them.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

Exploradores Outdoors and CR Expeditions are members of the ICT, you'd have to call the others as I don't know anything about them.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

Another tip...check prices at all possible rafting companies...you really do not have to pay more for the same...very much same price with all companies...why pay more!?

roadadvisor

7. Re: Pacuare River rafting trip-which company to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2012, 06:18