We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

Algonquin, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

Currently I have planned going to The Springs Resort & Spa, March 29, 2011 Arenal area for 4 nights. Then the plan was going to Tambor area and staying at Tango Mar Beach Resort. I am second guessing my decision and think MA is the place to be for the second half of my trip. Can anyone give me feedback and positive and negitive of either place?

What I have gathered in Tambor doesn't have much to do I just don't want to get bored.

THanks

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

I believe you would like MA better as the park alone is worth a visit there. Whatever you do you will love CR.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

Agree hard to find so much wild lief in such small territory as MA National Park...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,945 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

Tambor doesn't do much for me either. Manuel Antonio has many different activities, more nature, just an all and all better area IMO.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

Tambor is good if you like watching paint dry. MA has more things to do and better access.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

Nothing beats MA, well maybe a day like today in Punta Uva in the Caribe Sur!

Edited: 20 February 2011, 01:31
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

I agree MA has a lot to offer not only the park but the beaches in the park are beautiful and not that crowded at all. All around the MA area you have things to do, butterfly farms, reptile farms and in Quepos night life, shopping, markets and just a lot to do. You won't get bored just do a bit of research. How about a zip line that kind of thing?

Collie

Algonquin, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

If I fly into San Jose could I do Manuel Antonio first for a few nights (3) then go to Arenal area the Springs resort and spa? Reason I'm wondering is I tend to see itineraries the opposite way. Can you give recommendation for place to stay in Manuel Antonio?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,294 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

Sure, no problem with doing it the other way.

Probably the reason many people do it the with MA last is because they like ending their vacation with beach time and a bit of relaxation.

Re hotels - there are so many to choose from in the MA area. Not sure of your budget - but maybe you'd like something like Arenas Del mar.

raquel

Algonquin, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

That hotel has nothing available for my dates. How is Si Como? Are there any all inclusive? Something on a beach or close.

Edmonton
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tambor or Manuel Antonio help me decide.

if you don't want to get bored and you are under 50 ...go see MA National Park and go to Jaco.. party town.