We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Place to start

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
662 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Place to start

SInce Im posting at work..shhhhhhhhh, I don't have alot of time to be web surfing today. So I was hoping some of you kind people can help narrow down my search for me. My GF and I would like to visit Costa Rica. Probably for 4 nites and would like to keep the lodging costs at or under a 1000 or so and would like to stay in the same location. We like the beach, dining at a different place every day, some nitelife but more a place to grab a drink or 3 or listen to some music rather then the club scene. and of course somewhere were we can capture some of the beauty of the country! Any suggestions of places/areas to look a are greatly appreciated!!

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Place to start

Although it usually costs a little more to fly into Liberia. I think the beaches of Guanacaste would fit the bill for the short amount of time you will be here.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Place to start

Perhaps Tamarindo - www.tamarincocosta-rica.com

When you get home, do some more searching about Costa Rica so you will know a bit more about the country and what to expect.

www.govisitcostarica.com

www.nicoyapeninsula.com

www.puertoviejo.com

www.arenal.net

www.costarica-nationalparks.com

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Place to start

I think Tamarindo has everything you're looking for and has plenty of places to stay in all price ranges. Look into flying into Liberia (LIR) and you're not far from Tamarindo. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Place to start

Great option Manuel Antonio...and is cheaper to fly into SJO...MA is only 3 hours from SJO...

roadadvisor

5. Re: Looking for a Place to start

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:18