We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time of Day for Activites?

FL
Level Contributor
155 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Best Time of Day for Activites?

What is the best time to do the rapelling and Sky Trek Tours, morning or afternoon?

I know we need to get to the waterfalls and other things early to avoid crowds and see the animals.

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time of Day for Activites?

IMO the morning is best for rapelling or any outdoor activity unless you are at a higher altitude. Never done the Sky Trek Tours but I have heard it is boring. Most animals are nocturnal.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
357 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time of Day for Activites?

Depending on the time of year there will be crowds or not even earlier in the morning.

Where are you going?

The zip lining would be good in the afternoon as well. In some areas it's hard to see animals and others easier no matter the time of the day. Animals in general would be more active in the very early morning and also closer to dusk.

FL
Level Contributor
155 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time of Day for Activites?

We will be zip lining and rapelling in Arenal and visiting MA Park(I know to arrive early) and rafting there. we will be in CR the first week of April.

St Louis
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time of Day for Activites?

We are doing the zip lining in Arenal, booking the Sky Trek tour. I have heard nothing but good things to say about the tour. Now I am getting nervous after this last post that it is boring. I am so looking forward to the zip lining and want it to be awesome. We are adventurous people and celebrating our 30th anniversary on this trip. Should wedo zip lining in Manuel Antonio instead? I was told the MA zip lining was flatter, not as high of an elevation. So is it really better to book in the am?

US
Level Contributor
115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time of Day for Activites?

jmg1 .... everything i've read has also said that Arenal zip lining is great. That's the first time I've seen someone say it's boring, but they may have been referring to the wildlife viewing opportunities. Zip lining is more for adventure of it, not for viewing wildlife at all.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time of Day for Activites?

Because canopy tours or zip lining is really not a great place to see animals, I would say to do it in the early afternoon. Any time you want to go see animals (National Parks, etc) definitely do those first thing in the am for better sightings!

No worries, the SkyTrek is not boring, it's one of (if not the best) zip lining tours in the area! :-)

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary!!! :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

7. Re: Best Time of Day for Activites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 00:16